Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bloomberg grills PJ

PJ talks about his new book, "Don't Vote, It Just Encourages the Bastards", with Bloomberg Midday Surveillance host Tom Keene:

KEENE: What do you type at now? Do you do it like the original IBM Selectric, an old Royal?

PJ: I do. I do. I have three of them. As people go to computers, they give me their old Selectric and I've got one old guy, who used to work for IBM, who still knows how to fix them and when he goes I don't know what is going to happen.

KEENE: Can you get parts?

PJ: Apparently he knows some crazy company off in Indonesia or someplace who still make parts for these things.

KEENE: The emotion, "Don't Vote, It Just Encourages The Bastards." That's a great photo.

PJ: I had my golf clothes.

KEENE: That's your golf clothes, nice tie. That looks like a bow tie I could wear, no question about that. There's the book. I want to bring up this chart which I think is the backdrop for your wonderful effort here, the humor, the Libertarian sense of it. U6 underemployment, this country is under employed and it a lot different than when you wrote "Modern Manners" in 1994.

PJ: Oh, yes, yes, when the country was over employed, way too busy.

Continued here (Bloomberg Midday Surveillance, dated 27 October 2010)